The full-frame 90mm medium telephoto macro E-mount lens features built in image stabilization for sharp, clear images at up to 1:1 magnification, even when shooting handheld. Advanced optics and coatings with a 9-blade circular aperture deliver exceptionally smooth bokeh that G Lenses are renowned for. Sharp in-focus rendering is achieved with a floating focus mechanism that suppresses aberration equally at all focusing distances, whether the subject is far away or extremely close. Other advanced technologies, such as the Nano AR Coating and Super ED (extra-low dispersion) glass, elevate overall performance to an extremely high standard.
- A perfect match for α7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras
- 90mm Macro with a bright F2.8 maximum aperture
- Nano AR coating effectively suppress reflections
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization for handheld shooting
- Instant manual/auto focus selection via a sliding focus ring
- Corner to corner sharpness w/ Advanced Asphirical elements
- Super ED glass w/ multi‐coating reduces flare and ghosting
- 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) for quiet, precise focusing
- Dust and moisture resistant design
- High resolution plus gorgeous bokeh
The E-mount medium telephoto macro lens with built-in image stabilization delivers outstanding G Lens quality: stunning resolution at up to 1:1 magnification plus gorgeous background bokeh when required, even when shooting handheld. A floating focus mechanism ensures that consistently superior optical performance is achieved at all focusing distances.
- Renowned G Lens background bokeh
Each lens is individually tested and calibrated to minimize spherical aberration so that the smoothest, most visually pleasing bokeh is achieved.
- Image-wide clarity from macro to infinity
A compact floating focus mechanism maintains consistently superior optical performance throughout the image at any focusing distance.
- Precise, quiet focus for stills and movies
Dual DDSSM (Direct Drive Super Sonic wave Motor) drive systems position the heavy focus element groups required for full frame macro photography quickly, precisely, and quietly.
- Sharp and clear without a tripod
The first a-series macro lens with built-in image stabilization makes it possible to shoot sharp macro images handheld.
- Lens Configuration
Impeccable Sony G Lens design emphasizes a graceful balance between high resolution and gorgeous background bokeh that can enhance the artist's vision.
- MTF Chart
MTF (Modulation Transfer Function) describes how well a lens can reproduce fine details, measured as the degree of contrast achieved between finely spaced lines.