Amazing resolution in a compact 35 mm prime for any situation
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements in a G Master design take advantage of the short mirrorless flange-back distance to deliver stunning contrast and resolution in a compact lens. Further enhancing the lens's excellent optical quality are an ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element that suppresses chromatic aberration and Sony's Nano AR Coating II that maintains great image clarity even in any lighting conditions.
Lightweight and compact for excellent mobility and handling
- Even though it employs two precision XA (extreme aspherical) elements and delivers outstanding G Master quality, this compact lens fits easily in the palm of your hand. The FE 35 mm F1.4 GM offers excellent mobility and handling in a wide range of environments and shooting conditions.
Refined G Master bokeh and broad versatility
- XA elements suppress onion ring bokeh, an 11-blade aperture mechanism produces an almost circular aperture even when the lens is wide open, and painstaking spherical aberration control at the design and manufacturing stages contribute to gorgeous bokeh at F1.4. Design and manufacturing refinements have made it possible to deliver a minimum focusing distance of 0.89 ft (27 cm) and maximum magnification of 0.23x.
XD Linear Motors ensure fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking
- Two of Sony's remarkable XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors provide the high thrust efficiency needed for fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking, maximizing the advantages of the E-mount system. State-of-the-art control algorithms developed specifically for the XD Linear Motors minimize vibration and noise, while Sony's Linear Response MF feature provides direct, linear manual focus response.
Professional control and reliability
- A focus hold button, focus ring, and other controls support smooth, efficient operation. The focus hold button can be assigned to a number of other functions via a camera body menu, providing direct access to functions that are vital to the user's personal workflow. A fluorine front element coating plus a dust- and moisture-resistant design ensure high reliability in challenging environments.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
Hood (model): ALC-SH164
Lens front cap:ALC-F67S
Lens rear cap: ALC-R1EM
Palm-size 35 mm F1.4 prime
Sony's most advanced optical design and manufacturing technology delivers extraordinary resolution and gorgeous bokeh in a very compact lens. Offering G Master quality in an eminently portable lens for all occasions, this is a must-have for serious E-mount users.
Spectacular resolution in a compact design
Advanced optical technology takes advantage of the short mirrorless flange-back distance to reduce overall length and diameter in a surprisingly compact lens that delivers stunning contrast and resolution. Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements suppress sagittal coma flare so you can capture your subjects with extraordinary sharpness and clarity.
Compact mobility and easy handling
This compact lens fits easily in the palm of your hand and weighs a mere 18.5 oz (524 g), providing outstanding mobility and handling in the widest possible range of environments and shooting conditions. The FE 35 mm F1.4 GM offers first-class quality that you can take anywhere.
Refined bokeh and broad versatility
Striking bokeh, a characteristic of the G Master series, can really make portrait and other subjects stand out. XA elements that effectively suppress onion ring bokeh, an 11-blade circular aperture mechanism, and painstaking spherical aberration control at the design and manufacturing stages add up to smooth, beautiful bokeh.
Versatile close-up capability
XA lens elements and innovative optical design achieve a minimum focusing distance of just 0.89 ft (27 cm) and maximum magnification of 0.23x, making it possible to shoot impressive close-ups with smooth, creamy background bokeh. The flexibility to choose your shooting distance affords plenty of control for stills as well as movies.
Clean, natural color
This compact lens is not only mobile and manageable, but performs admirably in difficult lighting as well. An ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element and other optical refinements effectively suppress chromatic aberration and purple fringing for clean, natural-looking images and fast, easy post-shoot editing.
Nano AR Coating II cuts flare and ghosting
The mobility of this compact 35-mm lens means that it is likely to be used in a wide variety of situations, including strong sunlight and backlighting. Sony's new Nano AR Coating II is evenly applied to entire element surfaces, effectively minimizing flare and ghosting for clear, crisp imagery even in challenging light.
XD Linear Motors ensure fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking
Sony's small-but-powerful XD Linear Motors contribute to fast, precise autofocus and tracking, maximizing the AF performance capabilities of advanced E-mount bodies to capture meaningful moments in street snapshots, fleeting expressions in portraits, and much more. AF operation is quiet with minimal vibration.
Natural, linear manual focus response
Linear Response MF ensures that the focus ring responds directly and linearly for subtle control when focusing manually. Focus ring rotation translates directly to a corresponding change in focus, so control feels immediate and precise. Linear Response MF is ideal for creative focusing effects when shooting stills and movies.
Dust and moisture-resistant design
A dust- and moisture-resistant design provides the reliability needed for outdoor use in challenging conditions.
Fluorine front-element coating
The front lens element features a fluorine coating that repels water, oil, and other contaminants, while making it easier to wipe off any contaminants or fingerprints that do become attached to the lens surface.
Easy manual focus/autofocus switching
A focus mode switch that allows instant switching between auto and manual focus mode can be a great advantage when shooting subjects or situations that require fine manual focus adjustment.